Madonna

Madonna dresses up as a Boy Scout and stands up for gay rights


Madonna dresses up as a Boy Scout and stands up for gay rights

 

 

 Madonna is never one to shy away from controversy, so she used her appearance at the GLAAD Awards this weekend as an opportunity to dress up as a Boy Scout and defend gay rights.

We’ll explain… Madonna was addressing a ban on gay scouts and scout leaders and did so by putting on a Scout uniform and telling the audience,

“I wanted to be a Boy Scout but they wouldn't let me join... I can build a fire. I know how to pitch a tent... Listen, I want to do good for the community. Most importantly, I know how to scout for boys!"

“I think I should be allowed to be a Boy Scout. And I think they should change their stupid rules.”

Madonna’s speech lasted for 10 minutes, and she also called for people to be more accepting of each other’s differences,

“Most people are not comfortable with things or people that they perceive as different from themselves,"

“I would wager that if we just took the time to get to know one another, did our own investigations, looked beneath the surface of things, we would find that we are not so different after all.”

 



Post a Comment

Post a Comment