Kerry Katona

Exclusive! Atomic Kitten talk bodies - Kerry Katona: “I was six and a half stone… I was too skinny!”

 


This week, heat goes backstage at the Big Reunion rehearsals and brings you all the gossip.
While we were there, we couldn’t resist a girly chat with Atomic Kitten about how they’re looking forward to getting back into stage outfits almost a decade on and (in the case of Kerry Katona and Natasha Hamilton) several babies later.

“Look at Tash!” exclaimed Kerry. “She looks better now than she did in the day. She’s got a waist like my left leg! The pair of them have!”

“I work at it!” Natasha replied. “Not that I’m more conscious, but when I was a kid I didn’t have to do anything – I just rocked up on stage whereas now, in order to feel confident on stage in how I’m looking and what I’m wearing, I do have to work hard. I have to go the gym.

“It doesn’t come easy. A lot of hard work goes into trying to stay trim and fit for the show. But also for life in general. I’ve got three boys that are very energetic and demanding, so running after them keeps me on my toes and fit.”
For her part, Kerry is happier with her body now than she was in 2000, when the band first got together.




“Back in the day I was size 6, about seven and a half stone wet through. Now I’m a size ten, nine and a half stone, but that is not overweight at all and I certainly wouldn’t want to be one of those popstars who promotes skinniness to be successful.

“That’s not the case. Not everybody reads magazines can look like everybody in magazines. I know I get airbrushed, otherwise I wouldn’t be in the magazine! I’ve had four kids, I’m a healthy size 10. I’m happy! I’ve got a few lumps and bumps in the right places. I think everyone wants to be a bit skinnier, but nothing that I’m conscious over.
“We’re women now and a lot of our audiences are going to be women who’ve had babies.

“When I watch back and they show a clip of me in a bikini I think I look too skinny!  When I first joined the band I was 6 and a half stone, but because I had big tits and a good arse, I got away with it. SO even when I put weight on now, it goes on me boobs and me arse, which is not a bad thing.”

Rounding on bandmate Liz McLarnon, Natasha added: “You can eat what you want and can’t put anything on. She doesn’t go the gym and will sit there eating crisps, anything!”


Post a Comment

Post a Comment